Preventing Cruelty to Animals since 1886
The Niagara Falls Humane Society (established in 1947) and the Welland & District SPCA (established in 1954) were long-standing charities, serving both animals and people across the Niagara Region. In late 2018, the organizations announced their amalgamation to broaden service and increase efficiency and in early 2021, the amalgamation process was completed. Amalgamating the two organizations reduced overhead and administration costs and broadened our capacity to extend programs and services becoming a regional resource providing more access to essential services for pets, people and communities.
The first Board of Directors for the Niagara SPCA and Humane Society was formed in early 2021. In addition to Standing Committees of the Board, Special Committees have been established to support the formation of the new organization including Strategic Planning, Capital Project Feasibility and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and each will have an impact on Operations.
The Niagara SPCA and Humane Society is Niagara’s animal charity.